Definition of Dublin
1 city in western California east-southeast of Oakland population 46,036
2 city in central Ohio, a suburb of Columbus population 41,751
3 county of eastern Ireland bordering the Irish Sea in Leinster area 356 square miles (926 square kilometers), population 1,273,069
4 city and port at the mouth of the Liffey River on Dublin Bay (an inlet of the Irish Sea) population 527,612
Note: The city of Dublin is the capital of Ireland and of the county of Dublin.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game