Dro·mi·a·cea | \ ˌdrōmēˈāsh(ē)ə\
Definition of Dromiacea
: a group of crabs (suborder Brachyura) in which the last pair of thoracic legs are modified, dorsal, and often chelate and are used for placing sponges, shells, and other objects on the carapace
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game