Douglas-fir tussock mothnoun
Definition of Douglas-fir tussock moth
: a dull-colored moth (Hemerocampa pseudotsugata) with a red-spotted hairy larva that feeds on and may seriously defoliate Douglas fir and sometimes other firs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game