\ -räs- -tēk\
Definition of Double-Crostic
: a puzzle whose object is to fill in with words guessed from definitions a column of numbered dashes and then copy each letter in the correspondingly numbered square of a diagram so that words in the diagram form a quotation and the initial letters of the words in the column spell the author and title from which the quotation is taken —formerly a U.S. registered trademark
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game