Do·thid·e·ales | \ -ˈā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Dothideales
: an order of ascomycetous fungi (subclass Euascomycetes) having the mycelium embedded in the substrate and a stroma with a hard dark rind and soft pale inner layer that is divided into cavities resembling perithecia within which asci are produced in tufts or hymenial layers
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game