Dom·beya | \ dämˈbāə, ˈdämbēə\
Definition of Dombeya
: a genus of African shrubs or small trees (family Sterculiaceae) having palmately nerved leaves, showy flowers with five petals, and capsular fruit
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game