Dip·ri·on·i·dae | \ ˌdiprēˈänəˌdē\
Definition of Diprionidae
: a small family of sawflies that have many-jointed antennae serrate in the female and pectinate in the male and that include various serious pests of coniferous trees
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?