Di·oc·to·phy·ma·ti·na | \ -ˌfīməˈtīnə\
Definition of Dioctophymatina
: a suborder of Enoplida (being sometimes considered a separate order and including solely the kidney parasite (Dioctophyme renale) distinguished from related nematodes by the absence of both setae and buccal stylet — compare dorylaimina , enoplina
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game