Definition of Dicyemida
: an order or other division of Mesozoa comprising minute ciliated vermiform internal parasites of cephalopod mollusks and occurring in a nematogen phase in the young host and in a rhombogen phase in the sexually mature host — compare orthonectida
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game