Di·cra·na·les | \ ˌdīkrəˈnā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Dicranales
: a widely distributed order of Musci comprising mosses with erect gametophores, a usually acrocarpous sporophyte, and a capsule with 16 peristome teeth — see dicranum
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?