Di·cha·pet·a·lum | \ ˌdīkəˈpetᵊləm\
Definition of Dichapetalum
: a genus (the type of the family Dichapetalaceae) of African and Malagasy shrubs that have coriacious leaves and small regular flowers borne in compound cymes or in umbels
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game