Di·a·pen·si·a·les | \ ˌdīəˌpensēˈā(ˌ)lēz \
Definition of Diapensiales
in some classifications
: an order of low evergreen plants distinguished from those of the order Ericales by a tricarpellate ovary and stamens in two whorls of which one is reduced to staminodia — see diapensiaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game