Des·mog·na·thae | \ dezˈmägnəˌthē\
Definition of Desmognathae
in former classifications
: a primary division of birds having the maxillopalatines united directly or by ossifications in the nasal septum and including the ducks, geese, herons, storks, totipalmate birds, birds of prey, parrots, and most picarian birds
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game