Der·o·trem·a·ta | \ ˌderə‧ˈtremətə, -rēm-\
Definition of Derotremata
in some especially former classifications
: a division of tailed amphibians typically retaining gill slits but not external gills when adult and comprising the Cryptobranchidae and Amphiumidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game