Der·mes·ti·dae | \ -təˌdē\
Definition of Dermestidae
: a family of small beetles that have clubbed antennae and are very destructive both as larvae and adults to organic material of animal origin (such as dried meats, fur, wool, or insect collections)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game