Den·droc·to·nus | \ -ˈdräktənəs\
Definition of Dendroctonus
: a genus of small bark beetles that are especially destructive to mature coniferous trees and that have a large prothorax, short clubbed elbowed antennae, serrated tibiae, and spiny elytra
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?