De·bye-Scher·rer method | \ dəˈbīˈsherə(r)-\
Definition of Debye-Scherrer method
: a method of forming a diffraction pattern by directing a beam of X rays onto an aggregate of small crystals (as in the powdered form of a substance) and by photographing the pattern so formed to provide a means of identifying crystalline substances
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game