Dead Seageographical name
Definition of Dead Sea
salt lake about 50 miles (80 kilometers) long on the boundary between Israel and Jordan area 370 square miles (962 square kilometers)
Note: The Dead Sea contains the lowest point on the Earth's surface. Its surface is 1312 feet (400 meters) below sea level.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game