Definition of DeMoivre's theorem
: a theorem of complex numbers: the nth power of a complex number has for its absolute value and its argument respectively the nth power of the absolute value and n times the argument of the complex number
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game