Dan·iell cell | \ ˈdanyəl-\
Definition of Daniell cell
: a primary cell with a constant electromotive force of about 1.1 volts having as its electrodes copper in a copper sulfate solution and zinc in dilute sulfuric acid or zinc sulfate, the two solutions being separated by a porous partition
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game