Da·na·i·dae | \ dəˈnāəˌdē\
Definition of Danaidae
: a small family of large chiefly tropical butterflies having the first pair of legs degenerate in the adult and usually a disagreeable taste that serves to protect them from predators
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?