Definition of Damascus barrel
: a shotgun barrel for use especially with black-powder cartridges usually made of strips or rods of iron or steel coiled in a spiral to form a tube and with a speckled or mottled pattern that often runs at right angles to the bore — compare wire-wound gun
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game