dal·li | \ ˈdä(ˌ)lē, ˈda(-\
Definition of dalli
: any of certain tropical trees of the genus Virola of the family Myristicaceae (especially V. surinamensis) that has wood which is used for staves and hard seeds which resemble nutmegs and yield a wax or solid oil
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?