Da·dox·y·lon | \ dəˈdäksəˌlän, -lən\
Definition of Dadoxylon
: a form genus of chiefly Paleozoic fossils based on a heterogeneous group of woods which are now known to belong to various families and which are all characterized by alternate pitting on tracheid walls
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game