Díazbiographical name (1)
Definition of Díaz
(Entry 1 of 2)
Armando 1861–1928 Duca della Vittoria Italian general; marshal of Italy
Díazbiographical name (2)
Definition of Díaz (Entry 2 of 2)
(José de la Cruz) Porfirio 1830–1915 Mexican general; president of Mexico (1877–80; 1884–1911)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game