Definition of Cyrillic alphabet
: the alphabet based principally on the Greek uncials that was originally used for writing Old Church Slavonic and that in its modern form with minor variations among the different languages is the alphabet used for Russian and many other Slavic languages and for some non-Slavic languages of the Soviet Union — compare glagolitic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game