Cy·praea | \ sīˈprēə, sə̇ˈ-\
Definition of Cypraea
: a genus (the type of the family Cypraeidae) of gastropod mollusks comprising the typical cowries with smoothly polished often brightly colored shells covered in life by the reflected lobes of the mantle
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game