Cy·nog·na·thus | \ sə̇ˈnägnəthəs, sīˈ-\
Definition of Cynognathus
: a genus of large carnivorous therapsid reptiles (suborder Theriodontia) that greatly resembled mammals in form, were presumably near the direct ancestral line of the true mammals, and are known chiefly from remains found in the Karroo formation of the Triassic
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game