Cy·lin·dro·spo·ri·um | \ sə̇ˌlindrōˈspōrēəm\
Definition of Cylindrosporium
: a genus of imperfect fungi (family Melanconiaceae) producing hyaline filiform conidia in acervuli and including many forms that cause leaf and fruit spot diseases and some that are now known to be stages in the life cycles of other fungi — compare coccomyces
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game