Cy·lin·dro·spo·ri·um | \ sə̇ˌlindrōˈspōrēəm\
Definition of Cylindrosporium
: a genus of imperfect fungi (family Melanconiaceae) producing hyaline filiform conidia in acervuli and including many forms that cause leaf and fruit spot diseases and some that are now known to be stages in the life cycles of other fungi — compare coccomyces
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game