Cy·clor·rha·pha | \ "\
Definition of Cyclorrhapha
: a suborder or other major division of Diptera that comprises flies lacking mandibles and first maxillae and having acephalous larvae and coarctate pupae and that includes the botflies and the common houseflies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?