Cy·ca·da·ce·ae | \ ˌsīkəˈdāsēˌē, ˌsik-\
Definition of Cycadaceae
: a family of very ancient tropical gymnospermous plants (order Cycadales) resembling palms but showing a close relationship to ferns and lower groups in that fertilization takes place by means of spermatozoids
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game