Cut·le·ria | \ ˌkətˈlirēə\
Definition of Cutleria
: a genus (the type of the family Cutleriaceae) of marine brown algae characterized by true alternation of generations, the gametophyte being an upright plant with a broad flat forking thallus and the sporophyte a flat lobed disk
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game