Cus·cu·ta | \ (ˌ)kəˈsk(y)ütə\
Definition of Cuscuta
: a large and widely distributed genus of twining leafless parasitic herbs (family Convolvulaceae) comprising the dodders and having whitish or yellow filamentous stems
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?