Definition of curaçao
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a liqueur flavored with the dried peel of the sour orange
Definition of Curaçao (Entry 2 of 2)
internally self-governing Dutch island in the southern Caribbean; chief town Willemstad area 182 square miles (471 square kilometers), population 150,563
Note: Curaçao was formerly part of Netherlands Antilles.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game