Cu·pu·lif·er·ae | \ ˌkyüp(y)əˈlifəˌrē\
Definition of Cupuliferae
in some classifications
: an order or family of catkin-bearing trees including oaks, chestnuts, beeches, birches, and others that are now usually divided among the families Betulaceae and Fagaceae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?