Cu·no·ni·a·ce·ae | \ kyüˌnōnēˈāsēˌē\
Definition of Cunoniaceae
: a family of trees and shrubs (order Rosales) that are sometimes placed in the family Saxifragaceae but are distinguished by opposite or verticillate leaves and small flowers borne in dense clusters
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game