Cu·ba·laya | \ ˌkyübəˈlāə\
Definition of Cubalaya
: any of a breed of medium-sized domestic chickens developed in Cuba from Asian and European stock that have a long, broad tail which angles downward, lack spurs in the male, and are raised for meat, eggs, or ornamental purposes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?