Cryp·to·ceph·a·la | \ -ˈsefələ\
Definition of Cryptocephala
in some classifications
: a primary division of Polychaeta in which the peristomium is greatly developed and the prostomium is reduced — compare phanerocephala
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game