Cro·nar·ti·um | \ krōˈnärshēəm, -rtēəm\
Definition of Cronartium
: a genus of rust fungi (family Melampsoraceae) having aecia produced in raised or swollen sori and teliospores borne in waxy pillars or columns — see white pine blister rust
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?