Cre·dé's method | \ krəˈdāz-\
Definition of Credé's method
1 : the dropping of silver nitrate solution into the eyes of newborn infants to prevent the development of gonorrheal ophthalmia
2 or less commonly credés maneuver : expression of the placenta after birth by manual compression of the uterus through the abdominal wall
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?