Cra·ter·el·lus | \ ˌkrātəˈreləs\
Definition of Craterellus
: a genus of fleshy or membranous white-spored mushrooms (family Thelephoraceae) having the shape of a club, shelf, or funnel and resembling Cantharellus but having the hymenium at most only rugose and not in prominent gills
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?