Cra·ter·el·lus | \ ˌkrātəˈreləs\
Definition of Craterellus
: a genus of fleshy or membranous white-spored mushrooms (family Thelephoraceae) having the shape of a club, shelf, or funnel and resembling Cantharellus but having the hymenium at most only rugose and not in prominent gills
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game