Definition of Craigavon
(Entry 1 of 2)
1st Viscount 1871–1940 James Craig British statesman; 1st prime minister of Northern Ireland (1921–40)
Definition of Craigavon (Entry 2 of 2)
district of central Northern Ireland south of Lough Neagh; established 1974 area 147 square miles (381 square kilometers), population 93,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game