Coul·ter pine | \ ˈkōltə(r)-\
variants: or Coulter's pine
Definition of Coulter pine
: a tall pine (Pinus coulteri) of the southwestern U.S. with cones 9 to 15 inches long and consisting of stout sharp-pointed scales
— called also big-cone pine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?