Cor·nu spiral | \ (ˈ)kȯr¦n(y)ü- \
Definition of Cornu spiral
: a spiral of two oppositely coiled branches obtained by plotting as abscissas and ordinates respectively the corresponding values of a certain two integrals and used to afford graphical solution of various problems in diffraction of light
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game