Cor·nu spiral | \ (ˈ)kȯr¦n(y)ü-\
Definition of Cornu spiral
: a spiral of two oppositely coiled branches obtained by plotting as abscissas and ordinates respectively the corresponding values of a certain two integrals and used to afford graphical solution of various problems in diffraction of light
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?