Co·rixa | \ kəˈriksə \
Definition of Corixa
: a genus (the type of the family Corixidae) of carnivorous aquatic bugs comprising the boat bugs and having the hind pair of legs modified into elongated swimming organs which resemble oars
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game