Cor·al·lo·rhi·za | \ ˌkȯrə(ˌ)lōˈrīzə\
Definition of Corallorhiza
: a genus of leafless root-parasitic or saprophytic orchids of wide distribution in temperate regions having small purplish or yellowish racemose flowers with an entire or lobed lip
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?