Co·nif·er·oph·y·tae | \ -fəˌtē\
Definition of Coniferophytae
: a subclass of Gymnospermae comprising profusely branched plants with simple leaves, small pith, abundant xylem, and little cortex and including the surviving orders Ginkgoales, Coniferales, and Gnetales and the extinct order Cordaitales — compare cycadophyta
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game