Commonwealth of Independent Statesgeographical name
Definition of Commonwealth of Independent States
association formed in 1991 by the former constituent republics of the U.S.S.R. except for Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia; Turkmenistan changed to associate member status in 2005.; Georgia withdrew in 2009.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?