Co·lum·bi·for·mes | \ kəˌləmbə̇ˈfȯrˌmēz\
Definition of Columbiformes
: a cosmopolitan order of land birds with four unwebbed toes, short legs, small heads, and usually little visible difference between the sexes that includes the sandgrouse and the pigeons and doves together with their extinct relatives, the dodo and solitaire
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?