Definition of Colorado pikeminnow
: a large dull olive green pikeminnow (Ptychocheilus lucius) that was formerly present in most of the Colorado River and its tributaries but is now restricted mainly to its northern range and that may reach a length of six feet (1.8 meters)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game