Definition of Colorado pikeminnow
: a large dull olive green pikeminnow (Ptychocheilus lucius) that was formerly present in most of the Colorado River and its tributaries but is now restricted mainly to its northern range and that may reach a length of six feet (1.8 meters)
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game